New York, NY (September 12, 2013)—This year’s 135th Audio Engineering Society Convention (October 17 to 20) will bring together leaders in the business of installed AV, with an emphasis on how installed sound is expanding the professional audio industry in a symposium sponsored by Systems Contractor News.
Systems Sound Symposium will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, October 20, hosting a full day of panel sessions finely tuned to offer real-world experience and practical knowledge about the most pertinent AV business and technology trends of today. Four in-depth panel discussions will address the opportunities and issues affecting business growth and profitability in the near and long term. AV integrators, consultants and others in attendance will benefit from a program featuring relevant topics with compelling speakers that are changing the commercial audio business. The Systems Sound Symposium is open to all Exhibits-Plus badge-holders (free with registration in advance).
Systems Sound Symposium will add a new dimension to the AES Show by more completely integrating what is an incredibly successful market sector further into the larger pro audio landscape,” explains Kirsten Nelson, Editor, Systems Contractor News
. “From music clubs to restaurants to theaters and hotels and more, installed sound is part of the fabric of our day-to-day existence. It’s a massive market with a global reach, and one also intimately intertwined with the music industry, so it’s very appropriate that installed sound become a larger part of professional audio’s largest show—the AES Convention.”
Topics for the panel discussions include:
• How Expertise in Intelligibility Measurement Can Build Your AV Integration Business
- Robert Badenoch of Shen Milsom & Wilke, among other notable speakers.
• Big in NYC – How the Metro Area’s Premier AV Installations Influence the Industry
- AV integrators, consultants and manufacturers in a discussion moderated by Felix Robinson of AVI-SPL, examining how top-level sound systems in clubs, performing arts venues, retail outlets, restaurants, stadiums, houses of worship, and boardrooms in the Big Apple represent the cutting-edge of systems implementation.
• The Practicalities of Networked Audio in Permanent Installations
- presentations from Lee Minich, Lab X Technologies/AVnu Alliance; Kevin Gross, AVA Networks; Josh Evans, Lab.gruppen/Tannoy; and moderated by Karl Winkler, Lectrosonics.
• Beyond Background Music – Designing Sonically Driven Spaces, Production Wireless Systems
- Tips and Tricks from the Experts including Sam Berkow, SIA Acoustics; David Schwartz, Essential Communications; Ben Bausher, JaffeHolden Acoustics; and moderated by Josh Evans, Lab.gruppen/Tannoy.
For further detailed information on SCN
Systems Sound Symposium presentations and programs and how they can broaden your horizons as an audio professional, visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/systems/. For further information on the 135th AES International Convention, or to Register for your Exhibits-Plus (free) or All-Access badge, visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/
Audio Engineering Societywww.aes.org