Santa Monica, CA (July 7, 2004)–Apogee Electronics has announced that its X-HD expansion card is now available worldwide through authorized dealers and distributors. With the X-HD card installed in an AD-16X, DA-16X, Rosetta 800 or Rosetta 200, users can connect directly to a Pro Tools HD or Accel system core card, with no other hardware required (connect using standard DigiLink cables).
The result is a powerful combination of Digidesign’s software and a new generation of superior Apogee conversion and clocking hardware that provides a workstation that will excite Apogee and Pro Tools fans alike. “We are very pleased with the value that the X-HD card offers our customers,” said Betty Bennett, president and co-founder of Apogee. “With our new generation converters and direct connectivity to one of the most popular workstations available, users can have it all.”
X-HD Expansion Card at a glance:
* Primary HD port for connecting directly to HD Core or Accelcards
* Expansionport for daisy-chaining multiple Apogee devices (AD-16X, DA-16X,Rosetta 800 & Rosetta 200)
* Compatiblewith the latest versions of Pro Tools
* Field upgradeable firmware via MIDI port
* May be used along side similar interfaces (such as Digidesign 96 I/O,192 I/O, Prism Dream ADA-8)