Los Angeles, CA (August 4, 2010)–A-Designs Audio is co-sponsoring a free event, Ask The Mixers, at the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles on Wednesday, August 25.
Co-sponsored by A-Designs, Pearlman Microphones, Pete’s Place Audio and Ronan’s Recording Show, the evening will bring together a panel of five professional engineers from the L.A. area who will share their insights into the craft and business of mixing music. The program starts at 8:00 PM; a question and answer session with the audience will follow.
The event will feature the following panelists (each listed with partial credits):
• Dylan Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, will.i.am, Michael Jackson, TLC, Ice Cube, Madonna, Ricky Martin, Usher, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna)
• Ronan Chris Murphy (King Crimson, Terry Bozzio, Ulver, Steve Morse, Jamie Walters, Tay Zonday, Tony Levin, Steve Stevens, Nels Cline)
• John Rodd (Scoring recordist or mixer for hundreds of films, plus video games like Assassins Creed II, Avatar, SOCOM 3, World of Warcraft)
• Tony Shepperd (Whitney Houston, Elton John, Kenny Loggins, Backstreet Boys, Madonna, Lionel Richie, Take 6, Barbra Streisand)
• Erik Zobler (Michael Jackson, Miles Davis, George Duke, Donna Summer, Dianne Reeves, Al Jarreau, Yellowjackets, Jeffrey Osborne)
“This is a fantastic opportunity to learn some personal tips and tricks of the trade from celebrated professionals that ‘eat and breathe’ tracking or mixing every day,” says Peter Montessi, president of A-Designs Audio. “So regardless whether you’re brand-new to the world of recording or a seasoned engineer still wondering how to make your projects sound better, here’s a chance to be mentored by folks that have won Grammys and other awards for their stellar work.”
Recording equipment from the sponsors will be on hand for demonstration before and after the program, and a product giveaway will take place at the tail end of the evening (the winner must be present to receive the prize).
Musicians Institute is located at 6752 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028.