Agoura Hills, CA (July 27, 2004)–DTS Entertainment (DTSE) has announced it will release the DTS-ES surround sound mix of The Crystal Method’s Legion Of Boom on DVD-Audio on August 3rd. This title marks the first surround music release from one of America’s premiere electronic group.
Created in a bomb shelter turned state-of-the-art recording studio, Legion Of Boom is the most recent release from duo Ken Jordan and Scott Kirkland, aka The Crystal Method. Further entrenching the group as one of the country’s finest producers of dance music made for rock & roll people, Legion Of Boom features collaborations with Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland, John Garcia of desert rock band Kyuss, Bay area poet Hanifah Walidah, DJ Swamp and many more.
The surround DVD-A from DTSE is packed with extras, including:
– Exclusive surround re-mixes of all 12 Legion Of Boom tracks
– Bonus tracks: Two exclusive surround re-mixes of “Born Too Slow”
– DTS ES 6.1-channel for DVD-Video players
– “Born Too Slow” music video in DTS-ES
– Director’s cut of “Born Too Slow” video in DTS-ES
– The Making Of Legion Of Boom featurette in DTS-ES
– Special “Mix Breakdown” of “True Grit” track
– On-screen biography and live photo gallery
“It was a true joy working with The Crystal Method to create this title,” said Jeff Skillen, vice president of DTS Entertainment. “Ken and Scott are great advocates of surround sound, and really recognize how the technology can enhance all genres of music.”