Hollywood, CA (May 10, 2007)–Through the recently announced “Create A Score For This Short Movie” contest, EastWest is offering its users the chance to win all six of the new PLAY products. From now until June 30, 2007, users can create their own score for an original short movie created by Zennor Alexander and posted on the EastWest forum at www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=8115.
The concept of the piece is:
“Not every seed falls on fertile ground. Some drown in seas, some fry in deserts. This one fell through a crack in reality, and landed in a digital wasteland–a dumping ground of discarded 3D splines and polygons. Still, it tried–and what grew was an amalgam of analog life and digital waste. Life, but not as we know it–and certainly not as long.”
The score should have a wide variety of pace, mood and style and must be composed solely with sounds from libraries distributed by EastWest, with an emphasis on EastWest/Quantum Leap virtual instruments.
Entrants are free to show their creativity and originality in the selection of instruments and the juxtaposition of their composition with the film’s imagery. Once users have completed their piece, they need to post a link to it on the EastWest forum here (www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=8116) for it to be considered. Compositions entered in previous EastWest contests, posted on EastWest forums, or containing third party copyrighted material or software, are not eligible. From entries posted on the forum, Zennor Alexander and the EastWest staff will select a winner.
“EastWest is always striving to develop innovative projects to challenge our users,” said company founder/producer Doug Rogers. “This contest is different than any other contest we’ve hosted in the past in that it gives our users the opportunity to showcase their work using a visual medium, something they would be required to do for any film, game or television production, in return for the chance to be well rewarded for their efforts.”
The winner, to be selected approximately a week after the June 30 deadline, will receive all six new PLAY products upon release. This is a $2,270 value and will include:
– Fab Four: A virtual instrument inspired by the sounds of the Beatles, using the same kind of instruments and recording equipment the Beatles used to create their signature sound.
– Quantum Leap Pianos: A detailed collection of the world’s finest grand pianos, recorded in one of the ‘temples of sound,’ Eastwest Studios (formerly Cello, and originally, United-Western Studios) with three mic positions for each piano.
– Quantum Leap Gypsy: A collection of detailed virtual instruments geared towards film, TV and game composers.
– Quantum Leap Ministry Of Rock: A huge collection of rock drums, basses and guitars recorded in the world-famous EastWest Studio 2. A modern-day rock toolkit that covers a myriad of styles, Ministry of Rock provides a true all-in-one solution for rock productions and a sound quality superior to anything else available.
– Quantum Leap Voices of Passion: A virtual instrument of female vocalists from Wales, Syria, India, Bulgaria and America. Film, TV and Game composers as well as Songwriters, New Age Artists and Zen Horticulturists, in particular, will enjoy the ethereal, passionate, flowing, mysterious, wailing and whispering alto and soprano voices featured on Voices of Passion.
– Quantum Leap SD2 – The Next Generation: The sequel to Stormdrum, SD2 is a collection of exceptional acoustic percussion instruments.
For additional rules and download instructions, please visit the contest forum on the EastWest website: www.soundsonline-forums.com/showthread.php?t=8115