Champlain, New York (March 29, 2005)–Kaysound Imports, who distributes Hercules Technologies in the U.S. market, has announced a $100 price drop of the Hercules 16/12 FW, a FireWire 24-bit 96kHz 16-In/12-Out audio and MIDI interface for PC and Macintosh.
“The Hercules 16/12 FW gives customers an incredibly powerful computer recording solution that is now available for under $500,” said Mark Kalisky, president of Kaysound Imports. “Hercules has been very receptive to the needs of the market and its customers and has helped make this great product available to a wider audience.”
The Hercules 16/12 FW now retails for $750 and has an estimated street price of $499, down from $599. (Street prices may vary by dealer and are subject to regional variation.)
Hercules 16/12 FW is reportedly perfect for bands. Whether playing live, recording in the studio or just jamming in a rehearsal space, bands can use the Hercules 16/12 FW external unit connected to a desktop or laptop computer via its fast FireWire interface.
Hercules 16/12 FW is the flagship product in Hercules’ new line of digital audio products. It is equipped with all the advanced features musicians need:
– Sturdy audio interface mountable in a standard 1U / 19″ rack unit
– Up to 16-In/12-Out multi-track recording via FireWire (IEEE 1394)
– 24-bit 96kHz audio sampling with professional-quality converters
– 16 inputs including 12 analog, 1 coaxial (stereo), 1 optical (stereo)
– 12 outputs: 8 analog, 1 coaxial (stereo), 1 optical (stereo)
– 2 mic/instrument pre-amplifiers with switchable 48-volt phantom power
– 2 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Out via standard DIN jacks (32 In/32 Out)
– Word Clock I/O synchronization via BNC connectors
– No latency with direct hardware monitoring
– Compatibility with all the most popular audio software applications
– Drivers for Mac OS X and Windows
Hercules 16/12 FW is also bundled with an innovative music software suite compatible with Windows and Mac OS X and more than 900MB of high-quality sound files including STORM Special Edition (Arturia), Live Special Edition (Ableton).