Modena, Italy (October 28, 2010)–IK Multimedia has released AmpliTube 2 for iPhone, a major update to the guitar rig emulation app for the iOS platform.
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone adds a number of new features, including:
• New built-in one-track recorder with re-amping feature (free update)
• New multi-track recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects: Reverb, EQ and Compressor (available as in-app purchase)
• 5 new stompbox effects: Compressor, Reverb, Parametric EQ, Graphic EQ and Limiter (available as in-app purchase)
• Updated sound quality of gear and cabinets with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS 3 for Mac/PC (free update)
• Export recordings and mixes as WAV audio files or send them by email as MP3s (free update)
• Import songs as backing tracks directly from user iPod library, from iTunes using file sharing or Wi-Fi (free update)
• New SpeedTrainer allows players to slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch (free update)
• Up to 50 songs can now be imported (free update)
• New preset naming feature (free update)
• New Setup panel including input and output level controls (free update)
• New scrollable menu for gear selection in the FX and AMP sections (free update)
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone emulates guitar/bass rig with three stompbox effects running into an amp-head with effects plus cabinet and a microphone. A total of up to 16 stompbox effects are now available (delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, octave, distortion, noise filter, compressor, reverb, parametric EQ, graphic EQ, limiter), 5 amps with full controls (clean, crunch, lead, metal, bass), 5 speaker cabinets and 2 microphones (dynamic and condenser). While the sound of the gear and cabinets has been updated utilizing DSP technology derived directly from AmpliTube 3 for Mac/PC, the software allows up to 36 “full rig” tone presets to be saved, named and recalled on the fly.
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone now includes a recorder with the ability to record, mix, re-amp and export as WAV or MP3 files. The re-amping feature provides the ability to change the sound and tone of the original recording by applying a different set of effects after the track has been recorded without having to re-record it. The recorder in AmpliTube 2 can also be expanded to a full-fledged professional multi-track studio by adding the four-track recorder plus master effects section with reverb, equalizer and compressor (available as in-app purchase). With the 4-track recorder, users can record an entire band or produce full songs and compositions directly in AmpliTube on their mobile device. Track controls include individual volume, pan, apply FX, send FX, plus the ability to import audio directly into each track. The “Bounce” feature allows users to bounce all tracks to a single track, freeing up track space to record additional material.
Up to 50 songs and backing tracks can now be imported directly from the iPod library in the device or from the computer using iTunes file sharing or a Wi-Fi connection. AmpliTube 2 for iPhone now also sports IK’s SpeedTrainer learning/practice feature that allows users to slow down or speed up the tempo of imported songs (1/2 speed, or 2x speed) without affecting the pitch. A digital chromatic tuner and metronome are also included.
AmpliTube 2 for iPad is currently in development and will be announced shortly. Of note—IK recommends that current iPad-only users wait for the dedicated version before going ahead with the in-app purchase of the iPhone version.
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone is now available from the iTunes App Store in 3 versions:
• AmpliTube: 11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets, 2 microphones $19.99
• AmpliTube LE: 5 stompboxes, 1 amp + cabinet, 2 microphones $2.99
• AmpliTube FREE: 3 stompboxes, 1 amp + cabinet, 2 microphones, Free
Additional gear can be added through in-app purchase of a-la-carte models with stompboxes costing $2.99 each and amplifiers + cabinets for $4.99 each (available selection depends on the version). The four-track recorder with master effects’ section can be added as an in-app purchase for $9.99 in each of the available versions.