Munich, Germany (July 20, 2005)–The VDT (Verband Deutscher Tonmeister) has announced the first International Tonmeister Symposium will take place at Schloss Hohenkammer near Munich, Germany. This year the focus of the Conference is on practical aspects around multichannel sound.
The Symposium will probe ‘5.1 Surround – Aesthetics and Tools,’ touching on recording techniques, post production, mastering, broadcasting, and reproduction. Presentations include invited papers, tutorials, workshops and sound demonstrations contributed by internationally recognized professionals. The program also embraces a large extent of supporting product oriented presentations which cover the spectrum of applications in recording, post-processing, mastering, broadcasting and reproduction.
The symposium is aimed at offering an overview with regard to the aesthetical possibilities and to the appropriate application of today’s practical tools, storage media and distribution technologies, as well as to current multichannel sound developments.
– Recording and mixing techniques
– Aesthetics of surround sound
– 5.1 encoding and delivery
– Production and mastering for DSD and DXD
– Multichannel sound for HD-DVD and Blue Ray Disc
– Downmix solutions in comparison
– MPEG spatial coding standardization
– Quality of new multichannel codecs for internet and broadcasting
– 5.1 broadcasting up-and-coming
– Alternatives to 5.1 multichannel sound
– Multichannel sound in the car
– Wave field synthesis vs. multichannel reproduction
All presentations will be delivered in English. Online registration will be possible starting in September 2005.
Visit www.tonmeister.de/symposium for more detailed information.