Beverly Hills, CA (December 19, 2005)–At the Surround Music Awards (SMAs), held Thursday, December 15 during the Surround 2005 Conference and Expo, John Hiatt won the Listener’s Choice Award for his album Master of Disaster. The Listener’s Choice Award was decided by the public via the High Fidelity Review web site, voting out of the top high-resolution titles selected by 12 High Fidelity Review contributors.
Visitors to the High Fidelity Review web site were allowed to vote once for their favorite. According to High Fidelity Review contributing editor, Philip Brand-es, there were thousands of votes. Among the titles nominated were:
• Brothers in Arms; Dire Straits [Warner Bros.]
• Master of Disaster; John Hiatt [New West]
• Crossing; David Elias [Sketti Sandwich Productions]
• Music for Organ, Brass & Timpani; Anthony Newman & the Graham Ashton Ensemble [Sonoma]
• Brick; Talking Heads [Rhino]
• Something to Be; Rob Thomas [Atlantic Records]
And Hiatt took home the prize, with the most high-fi listeners voting for his surround release, Master of Disaster.
For more information on the Surround Music Awards and the Surround 2005 Conference and Showcase, visit www.surroundexpo.com.