Cambridge, MA (July 27, 2010)--MOTU has released DP Control, a free app that allows Digital Performer users to control DP over a WiFi network using an iPhone, iPad or third-generation iPod Touch.
Built specifically for use with Digital Performer (Version 7.2 or later), DP Control gives users access to transport and mixer functions for tracking, mixing, and live performance. Designed with large buttons and other UI elements, DP Control works in both landscape and portrait orientations. In portait mode, users can hold their iPhone or iPod in one hand, and operate DP Control by pressing buttons and swiping to new pages with the thumb.
Users can operate multiple on-screen Mixing Board faders simultaneously with several fingers. For two-handed mixing, users can turn an iPad sideways and mix with fingers from both hands at once. Faders and other controls are large to be easy to grab. Users can swipe left and right to access more faders as they mix.
If users make a change from DP Control on their remote device, such as renaming a take or adding a marker, the corresponding DP project on the host Mac is immediately updated, and vice versa. This two-way communication makes DP Control an extension of DP.
• Real two-way communication: changes made in DP Control are immediately reflected in DP, and vice versa
• Editable time counter with selectable format (including real-time, SMPTE time, samples, and marker names).
• Main transport control and many other transport-related Control Panel functions (click, countoff, memory-cycle, etc.)
• Page-controlled, scrollable mixer with animated, recordable pan knobs and volume sliders, plus level meters and peak indicators.
• Solo, Mute, Record-enable, Play automation, Record automation and automation mode settings for each track.
• Track list for the host DP project, complete with collapsable nested track folders and dynamically linked track organization that matches the currently open DP project on the host Mac.
• Infinite undo, with the ability to step through the next and previous tasks in the host DP project undo history.
• Marker creation and naming.
• New Take, Previous Take, and Next Take functions that operate on all of the record-enabled tracks at once (essential for tracking drums).
• Take selection, by name, for individual tracks. Also New Take, Delete Take, and Rename Take for the current take on any individual track.
• Save function for saving changes made to the DP document.
DP Control is now available as a free download from the Apple App store. It is compatible with any iPhone, iPad, and third-generation iPod Touch, and it requires Digital Performer 7.2 or later running on a Mac on the same WiFi network as DP Control