Las Vegas (April 12, 2010)—Rengegade Labs has unveiled its new M16 Digital Suite Audio Mixer control surface at NAB 2010.
The surface, made for the company’s stand-alone 328|MXE processing chassis, accepts up to 32 input channels of analog, mic-level, AES-format and SD/HD SDI signals, routing to eight analog and digital outputs; additional sets of outputs can be added in either analog, digital or SD/HD SDI-embedded formats. The new unit was developed by expanding the firm’s eight-channel Blue|328 and Gray|318 digital audio mixers, which use the smaller MXE engine.
“Designed for edit-system control in linear edit suites, the M16 communicates to any edit controller with ESAM II protocol via RS-422 ports,” said Keith Knudsen, Renegade Labs co-founder/VP of sales. “Video-centric operation is enhanced by separate rows of buttons for Program or Preset assignment of audio to the faders, along with an edit system-controlled preview switcher. The Auto To/From feature allows access to all 32 inputs under edit control, thereby eliminating the need to switch banks or recall registers during edits to access more inputs.” The control panel can be either rack-mounted (8 RU) or used in tabletop mode.
Precision optical encoders along with soft-buttons provide control of mixer operations. A 240×64 status LCD shows mixer status information and handles system setup. An optional 640×240 color LCD provides detailed metering in PPM, VU, K-Meter and Surround Sound, with peak and phase indication. A USB port handles register storage and software upgrades.
• Full eight-channel monitoring, including configurable matrix with Surround Sound modes and stereo Downmix.
• Built-in Preview Switcher allows for monitoring of Record machine without tying up faders.
• 16-button keypad matrix offers control of input assignments, output routing, monitor configurations and memory registers.
• 16 Video Frames of Audio Delay are available to fix A/V sync problems.
• Full 16-channel three-band parametric equalizer along with integral dynamics processor.
• 100 mm faders along with unity LEDs for level adjustments.
• Dedicated pan pots for output panning.
• Program and Preset busses provide video centric operations.