Champlain, NY (September 6, 2006)–Kaysound, the North American distributor for SM Pro Audio, is now shipping the new PM8 passive mixer. The PM8 is an 8 x 4 passive mixer/summing unit designed to help DAW users achieve higher quality audio mix down results.
The summing and mixing features built into the PM8 allow users to avoid unnecessary A/D & D/A conversions commonly found in digital studios.
SM Pro Audio’s PM8 summing mixer”Engineers have known mixing in software alone has some serious limitations,” said Danny Olesh, product developer from SM Pro Audio. “Our new passive mixer helps users get the best from both worlds. They can continue to get great features from their digital multi-track recording software whilst mixing down without compromise through the PM8.”
Using the best quality components, the PM-8 merges up to eight analog channels into clean and clear stereo pairs, with all the sonic depth and dynamics intact. Level control, panning, and muting controls give the PM8 the tools to deliver the sonic quality you would expect from a quality analog console.
The PM8 also allows users integrate their outboard reverbs, EQ units, vintage synths, and other audio equipment with their DAW projects easily, inexpensively and without compromise. Multiple PM8s can be stacked for more input channels.
– Sums 8 x channels of audio to two stereo output pairs
– 8 x combo connector inputs
– 25 pin DSUB input connector (compatible with Digidesign Pro Tools hardware)
– 2 x stereo (4, Master 1 pair, Master 2 pair) XLR balanced outputs)
– 2 x stepped attenuator controls for accurate level adjustment
– Internal power supply (110v – 230v switchable)
– Ground pin connector
– Achieves better stereo imaging
– Creates exceptionally detailed mixes with clarity and punch
For additional information on the full SM Pro Audio product catalog, please visit the SM Pro Audio website at www.smproaudio.com.