Madison, WI (June 8, 2010)--Sony Creative Software has released new versions of its consumer software product line, including Acid Music Studio 8, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 and others.
Dave Chaimson, vice-president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software remarked, "These new versions of Sony Creative Software products include upgrades and new features ideally suited for transforming raw footage and audio files into polished, professional final projects. The new software applications have been designed to help new users quickly get started using our 'Show Me How' tutorials, but advanced users can continue to expand their skills by discovering new tricks and techniques through powerful features that have been adapted from our professional line of software tools."
Acid Music Studio 8 Feature Highlights
ACID Music Studio 8, a toolset for music and mashup creations, has several new features, including an audio and MIDI mixing console, remixing tools, and élastique Pro timestretching tools. It also now comes with over 3,000 music loops and includes the Studio Devil British Valve Custom guitar amp, as well as the TruePianos Amber Lite piano plug-in. Users can also upload projects to the ACIDplanet.com social networking and music website directly from within the interface.
• Audio and MIDI Mixing Console: The new Mixing Console provides an integrated view of all tracks and busses in your project with the appearance of a traditional hardware-based mixer. The look can be customized, and the new audio and MIDI Mixing Console has additional routing options, allowing for a more flexible and efficient studio recording environment.
• Zplane élastique Audio Timestretching and Pitch Shifting: Zplane élastique Pro technology allows users to perform time stretches and pitch-shifts of Beatmapped tracks.
• Enchanced remixing tools: For remixing, ACID provides the Beatmapper tool. This feature automatically finds the tempo of a complete song, making it easier to remix songs with different beat structures. New markers in ACID Music Studio 8 allow you to Beatmap songs with varying tempos and time signatures.
• Cross-Track Event Drag and Drop: This new feature allows users to easily create mixes by cutting, copying, or pasting events across multiple tracks for faster editing.
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 Feature Highlights
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 offers tools for mastering audio projects. The new workflow enhancements, including floatable/dockable windows, improved audio bitrate, and enhanced vinyl restoration wizard, enable users to record audio, edit, and master.
• Enhanced Vinyl Recording Wizard: Automatic track detection and editing in Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 now makes it easier to convert vinyl and cassettes to digital files. These new features allow users to adjust the start/end times of tracks and fine-tune adjustments prior to CD burning or converting to MP3 for digital conversion or archiving.
• 24-bit/32-bit Float 192 kHz Audio Support: Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 supports 32-bit IEEE float bit-depth and 192 kHz sample rate.
• Customizable Window Layouts: Users can create and save multiple layout configurations, and recall a window layout for specific editing tasks for a more personalized editing process.
• Floating Window Docks: Windows can be docked and grouped within the Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 interface in order to customize the environment to fit the particular way a user prefers to work.
Sony Creative Software