Anaheim, CA (January 19, 2010)—At the NAMM show, TC Electronic debuted its Impact Twin, an audio interface that uses two mic pre’s that feature based around the company’s Impact III Technology.
They each feature three stages: a Mic Amp, 192kHz/24bit HD Conversion, plus a set of recording Channel Tools
Impact Twin features 24bit/192Khz HD Conversion. Conversion rates can be selected from 44.1kHz right up to High Definition 192kHz. The Channel Tools provide onboard EQ, Compressor and De-esser. There are other features including iCheck (Integrity Check). This provides a shortcut for revealing any artifacts caused by data reduction – essential when encoding mp3 or AAC files.
Other features at a glance:
• Direct Monitor Reverb: A simple way to add reverb at the monitor stage so the singer can enjoy quality reverb through their headphones.
• FireWire 800 compatible Adaptor included
• Quick compressor access and feedback: Access the crucial compressor setting directly fromImpact Twin’s front panel.
• 14/14 I/O (4 analog, 10 digital I/O).
• Two front- panel mounted Hi-Z guitar-optimized inputs
• JetPLL jitter reduction.
• Included plug-ins (M40 reverb, ResFilter, Assimilator): Impact Twin comes bundled with TC Electronic effects. The M40 reverb is based on an algorithm from the Reverb 4000 processor. The multi-purpose ResFilter provides an ultra-fat filter sound. The Assimilator EQ curve assimilation allows producers to grab an EQ curve from any sound and apply it to their own.
• Sturdy design.
• Guitar Tuner.
• Ableton Live Lite 8 TC Electronic Edition.