Santa Cruz, CA (December 17, 2007)--Universal Audio has announced the web release of v4.9 software for the UAD Family of DSP cards and powered plug-Ins. Version 4.9 includes 14-day demos of both the new SPL Transient Designer and new Precision Buss Compressor.
"We are strategically expanding our audio plug-in partnerships and are enthused to bring Sound Performance Lab (SPL) of Germany to the UAD DSP platform," says Mike Barnes, VP of Marketing for Universal Audio. "The SPL Transient Designer is genuinely a modern analog classic and once again, we are confident to say that after considerable R&D and sonic shootouts, the UA plug-in is truly the definitive software version."
"SPL is excited to partner with UA to make our unique Transient Designer available as a DAW plug-in," adds Hermann Gier, CEO of SPL. "For us, the UAD Platform is well known for its integrity, reliability, and popularity and UA's plug-in development team have consistently set the sonic quality bar in the industry for all others to follow."
SPL Transient Designer features include:
• UA modeled, SPL authorized and endorsed AU/VST/RTAS plug-in version of Transient Designer's Differential Envelope Technology
• Increase or decrease the transients of percussive sources for greater impact, or a softened response
• Sustain of sources can be transparently shortened or increased for increased musicality
• Reduces or increases room sound or preexisting reverb on virtually any source
• Highly useful as a gate substitute, a transparent tool for minimizing mic bleed
Version 4.9 also includes an additional plug-in: the Precision Buss Compressor is a dual-VCA-type dynamic processor designed to "glue" mix elements together for the cohesive and polished sound typical of master section console compressors.
Key Precision Buss Compressor features include:
• Modern and easy-to-use single-band gain control for busses and insert
• Transparent, large-format center-console-type dynamics control
• Auto release for transparent buss compression on a wide variety of sources
•Automatic Fade in or out, with a range of 1 to 60 seconds
• Mix control allows blending of wet and dry signals
Sound Performance Lab