The scene this morning at Summer NAMM
Nashville, TN (July 21, 2011)–The 2011 Summer NAMM show opened today at the Nashville Convention Center, hosting more than 400 global music products manufacturers who will exhibit their newest products and latest innovations to retail buyers from all over the world today through Saturday.
More than 11,000 music products industry professionals from 30-plus countries are expected to attend 2011 Summer NAMM; the show is expected to generate an estimated $13 million in tourism revenue to the local economy. This year’s Summer NAMM event will feature more than 80 new exhibitors.
The typically trade-only event is also opening its doors to the public for “Wanna Play Music Day” this Saturday, July 23 for the second year in a row, providing musicians and music buffs an opportunity to sneak a peak at the new instruments, music-making technologies, and pro audio and lighting equipment yet to hit retail stores.
The day is also filled with music-making workshops and education sessions for musicians, and a presentation and book signing by former N.Y. Yankee baseball legend and Latin-Grammy-nominated guitarist Bernie Williams. Tickets to attend Saturday’s “Wanna Play Music Day” are available for $20 at: http://www.namm.org/summer/2011/wannaplay.
Highlights of “Wanna Play Music Day” will include:
• An opportunity for musicians to bring in a CD of their best original song to have the Editor-In-Chief of Guitar Player magazine listen to it and consider the song for inclusion on a “Wanna Play Music Day” compilation CD produced by Guitar Player Records
• Guitar Player magazine’s “Guitar Superstar” event featuring five Guitar Superstar finalists from this year’s online competition who will battle it out in front of a panel of celebrity judges (tickets available onsite to attend this special event)
• Workshops and educational sessions for musicians and promising musicians in the categories of Technology, Musicians and Pro Audio. Session topics include “Learning the Basics of Garage Band,” “Get More Gigs!” and “Building the Professional Demo Studio”
• A master clinic with Dick Boak of Martin Guitars, who will present “The Evolution of the American Guitar”
• Musical events including the eleventh annual World’s Fastest Drummer competition and hands-on drum and ukulele circles
• A NAMM Foundation Lounge featuring live acoustic performances
National Association of Music Merchants