Brian McCarty will chair the “Sound for Picture” session at the 135th AES Convention IN New York City this year.
New York, NY (August 13, 2013)—The upcoming 135th AES Convention in New York City, scheduled for October 17-20, 2013, will feature a special workshop track, “Sound for Picture,” chaired by acclaimed film sound professional Brian McCarty (On Golden Pond, The Big Lebowski, Dick Tracy). Put together by AES’s Sound for Digital Cinema and TV Committee, the sessions will each feature different Oscar and Emmy nominees and winners discussing their crafts and the latest technology and techniques used for sound capture, mixing, editing, loudness and more.
The workshops will include:
• Cinema Sound – Test Evaluation & Screen Performance
• Cinema Sound Masterclasses
• Music Production for Film – A Masterclass
• Sound Design for Film – A Masterclass
• Dialog Editing & Mixing for Film – A Masterclass
• World-Class Cinema Sound Mixers Discuss Their Craft
• Sound for Reality Television – Reality Is Hard Work! (featuring the crew from a popular reality series)
• Creative Dimension of Immersive Sound – Sound in 3D
• Film Soundtrack Loudness – Control and Standardization
“Sound engineers in television and film are the largest group of working audio engineers of any field, and it is important that the AES Convention addresses their needs with the most up-to-date developments and information available. Attendees will learn about the most advanced and current tools and operations used by Hollywood to produce every aspect of sound for film and television,” McCarty said.
Audio Engineering Society