Jason Aldean, performing at the 46th Annual CMA Awards on November 1, 2012, using Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite 5000 Series UHF Wireless System and AEW-T6100 Hypercardioid Dynamic Handheld Microphone/Transmitter.
Nashville, TN (November 5, 2012)—For the 19th year running, Audio-Technica provided vocal and instrument mics last week for the Country Music Association (CMA) Awards show, held Thursday, November 1, 2012. Broadcast over ABC, the event featured over 200 A-T microphones.
The audio was supervised by audio producers Tom Davis and Paul Sandweiss; ATK/Audiotek provided the sound system with FOH (front-of-house) mixers Patrick Baltzell and Rick Shimer; the broadcast music mix was handled by New Jersey/California-based M3’s (Music Mix Mobile’s) John Harris and Jay Vicari. Stage monitoring was handled by Tom Pesa and Jason Spence.
Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite 5000 Series UHF Wireless System with the AEW-T6100 Hypercardioid Dynamic Handheld Microphone/Transmitter was used for lead vocals by A-T endorser Jason Aldean, who opened the show performing “The Only Way I Know.” Aldean later returned in the show to perform his hit, “Take A Little Ride.”
The backline mic complement of A-T wired microphones included:
• AT4080 Phantom-powered Bidirectional Ribbon Microphone on guitars
• AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone on guitars and bass
• AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone on overheads
• AE2500 Dual-Element Cardioid Instrument Microphone on kick drum
• AE5100 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone on hi-hat and ride cymbals
• AE5400 Cardioid Condenser Microphone on rotary speaker top
• AT4050 on rotary speaker bottom (used by Gregg Allman with the Zac Brown Band)
• ATM650 Dynamic Instrument Microphone on snare
• ATM350 Cardioid Condenser Clip-On Microphone on toms and fiddle/violin.
Davis stated, "Audio-Technica has been a longtime go-to microphone for the CMA Awards, based on their reliability and performance. Their ability to deliver clean, clear, consistent audio makes them exactly what I need when choosing microphones for this awards show."