Burlington, MA (March 31, 2017)—Avid has announced the agenda for Avid Connect 2017, the annual gathering of the Avid Customer Association (ACA), which will take place April 22-23, 2017 at Wynn Las Vegas prior to the NAB Show.
Avid chairman and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr.’s opening keynote will reportedly reveal the beginning of a new chapter in Avid’s transformation and unveil what the company reports will be the most significant developments to the Avid MediaCentral Platform since its launch three years ago.
Avid will also unveil the results of the inaugural ACA Vote, which saw ACA members directly influence the company’s future technology direction, product roadmap and service offerings.
Attendees will not only learn the outcome of the collective vote, but also learn how Avid will use the results to aid the company in prioritizing its plans in order to best support the media industry’s in addressing its most pressing challenges and seizing the most important opportunities.
Avid Connect will feature dozens of sessions; this year’s growing speakers list includes:
• Mohammed Abuagla, CIO/CTO of technology and operations at Al Jazeera
• Fabrice Lorenceau, co-founder and head of production at LiveLike
• Editor Catherine Haight, ACE (Transparent, Girls, New Girl)
• Sound editor James Mather (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Mission: Impossible—Rogue Nation, Me Before You, Wonder Woman)
• Editor Kabir Akhtar, ACE (Arrested Development, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend).
This year’s sessions are organized around three top-level tracks:
• Transforming the Media Enterprise: Innovation in Business and Technology
• Empowering Collaboration: The Talent, Tools, and Technology
• Mastering Your Craft: The Art of Cutting-Edge Storytelling
Avid Customer Association (ACA)