QSC announced two new amplifier lines yesterday at InfoComm; here, Senior Project Manager Dale Sandberg introduces the PLD Portable Live Sound Reinforcement amplifier and the CXD amplifier for sound installation.
Orlando, FL (June 12, 2013)—As the annual InfoComm convocation opens today, there’s already a lot of activity on the show floor, in the demo rooms and all around the Orange County Convention Center. Here’s some of what’s going on:
• It’s always important to have your say, and the introduction of the People’s Choice pavilion (Booth 1087) will allow attendees to vote on the best installations of the past year; winners will be announced on Friday. Pavilion visitors choose the best installations from among 15 finalists in the categories of Corporate, Education, Healthcare, Government, and Arts/Leisure by integrators and consultants such as Whitlock, Advanced, Alpha Audio & Video, Westbury National, DJ Willrich, Electrosonic, The Sextant Group, AVI-SPL, BugID, BBI Engineering, SIA Acoustics, TLC Engineering, Audio Video Resources, Sensory Technologies, SoundCom, SenovvA, TechSpa, Killian Digital, Mirage Associates, Event Communications, Auerbach Pollack Friedlander, and Cavanaugh Tocci Associates.
• Audio-Technica (Booth 831) is debuting its AT-DMM828 Digital Matrix Mixer, the next generation of the company’s SmartMixer family of automatic mixers. The AT-DMM828 is a microprocessor-controlled, programmable, automatic-switching 8-channel matrix mixer.
• Bose Professional Systems Division (Booth 959) has expanded its range of RoomMatch array module loudspeakers with 22 new RoomMatch modules loudspeakers with horizontally asymmetrical coverage patterns; RoomMatch Utility RMU208 small-format sound-reinforcement loudspeaker; and RMS218 subwoofer.
• Community Professional Loudspeakers (Booth 301) has announced that Erikson Commercial has been appointed as Canadian Distributor.
• Lab.gruppen’s (Booth 401) Ivan Schwartz is presenting LUCIA, the company’s new half-rack space Class D amplifier platform that is designed with the intention of providing systems designers with a solution for corporate boardrooms, classroom and small lecture theaters, museum multimedia area, and retail units.
• QSC Audio Products, LLC (Booth 443) has introduced two new amplifier families, the CXD Series for Installed Sound Applications and the PLD Series for Portable/Live Sound Reinforcement Applications. Featuring signal processing combined with a unique power distribution configuration, QSC intends the PLD and CXD Multi-Channel Processing Power Amplifiers to alter the rack-mount power amplifier category.
• RCF (Booth 1152) is introducing the new TT+ Series 10-, 12- and 15-inch two-way active loudspeakers. The design philosophy for the new TT+ Series is based upon offering the sound engineer the ability to sustain high power with efficient sound pressure levels. The new products are RDNet ready, providing control and monitoring of each individual cabinet component. Designed for both touring and rental, the cabinets are equipped with integrated rigging mechanics, with dedicated accessories to create clusters.
• As announced at the NAMM show in January, Waves Audio (Booth 762) and DiGiCo have combined forces to offer DiGiGrid, and they’re teaming up at the show to further extoll the product’s virtues. DiGiGrid enables users of Native DAWs, Pro Tools, and MADI-enabled live and broadcast mixing consoles to have access to Waves SoundGrid audio networking and real-time processing. DiGiGrid offers a full line of SoundGrid I/Os, Pro Tools-to-SoundGrid I/Os, and MADI-to-SoundGrid I/Os.