New York, NY (October 8, 2014)—For the first time, the Audio Engineering Society will host a panel in Spanish during the 137th AES Convention. The panel will be held on Thursday, October 9 from 2:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. in Room 402AB.
The panel, titled “Grandes Productores de América Latina” (“Great producers from Latin America”) will bring together 10 of the most influential Latin producers and engineers in the industry. The presenters are each multiple Grammy-Award winners who will present their most recent work and best-selling productions—ranging from Celine Dion and Elvis Costello to the biggest names in Latin music, such as Bajofondo and Calle 13—and discuss the state of the music industry in Latin America.
“It is fundamental that we, as a global society, open up our eyes to other regions of the world, to try to understand their needs and get to know their talent. It is also a unique opportunity for the huge Latin population based in Los Angeles to hear from and interact directly with highly regarded audio professionals from their community during the biggest Pro Audio convention in the world,” commented Moderator and Incoming AES President Andres Mayo.
Panelists slated to appear include:
• Daniel Anselmi, Música CaReta – Montevideo, Uruguay
• Rafa Arcaute, Amen Records – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Armando Avila, Cosmos – Mexico DF, Mexico
• Aureo Baqueiro, Brava! Music – Los Angeles, CA, USA; Nico Plus Music Group – Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Humberto Gatica, Lionshare/Gatica Music – Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Tweety González, Twitin Records – Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Anibal Kerpel, SK Associates – Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Sebastian Krys, Arju Productions – Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Guido Nisenson, Minimal S.L – Buenos Aires Argentina
• Rafa Sardina, Fishbone Productions, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA, USA
For information on and how you can get your Free Exhibits-Plus badge (pre-registration required) for the AES137 Convention, as well as All Access badge and Technical Program information, visit the AES137 webpage at http://www.aes.org/events/137.
Audio Engineering Society