Roland Nabs Majority Stake in V-Moda - ProSoundNetwork.com

Roland Nabs Majority Stake in V-Moda

Roland has acquired a 70 percent stake in headphone and audio device manufacturer V-Moda. Retaining the remaining 30 percent of the company is Val Kolton, CEO and founder of V-Moda, who will continue with the company and also consult on product design for Roland’s dance, DJ and electronic music division.
Author:
Publish date:

Hamamatsu, Japan (August 8, 2016)–Roland has acquired a 70 percent stake in headphone and audio device manufacturer V-Moda. Retaining the remaining 30 percent of the company is Val Kolton, CEO and founder of V-Moda, who will continue with the company and also consult on product design for Roland’s dance, DJ and electronic music division.

Mr. Jun-ichi Miki, CEO of Roland, said, “We’re pleased V-Moda has joined the Roland family of brands. V-Moda revolutionized headphones and has pushed the envelope of personalization. Their Milano design, material research and professional DJ roots, along with their loyal customers, are incredible assets for Roland. It’s an exciting time for both companies, and we are eager for the talent at V-Moda and Roland to collaborate. This new team and the audience that the products are going to attract will definitely inspire the future of music.”

“For more than a decade, we have vigorously crafted high-end personal audio products for modern audiophiles that reproduce music for a concert and club-like experience,” said Val Kolton, V-Moda CEO.

“This partnership is not strictly a business deal,” he added. “It’s a strategic synergy that will bridge the high-quality sound, materials and design of our products with the legendary genre-changing sound expertise and commitment to excellence from Roland. Roland’s 808, 909 and countless products helped to lay the foundation and forge today’s music, and together we can carry on the tradition.”

V-Moda
www.V-Moda.com

Roland Corporation
www.RolandUS.com