Niagara Falls, NY (June 30, 2011)--ART has released its first true two-channel tube pre-amp/USB audio interface.
The USB Dual Tube Pre allows direct connection of any microphone, instrument, or line level source directly to a computer via USB 2.0 or S/PDIF input. The ultra-compact design of the ART USB Dual Tube Pre is aimed for mobile recording applications or desktop studios where space may be at premium.
Tthe ART USB Dual Tube Pre offers independently controlled high pass filters, phase inversion, gain and lever controls per channel. An advanced two channel switchable opto-compressor circuit prevents overload at the input, and is said to provide added warmth and character to recorded tracks. Additional S/PDIF output is selectable between 44.1k and 48k sample rates.
USB Dual Tube Pre Essential Feature List
• Two channel Tube based Mic/Instrument preamp computer interface
• Discrete front end with variable input and output controls
• Advanced optical output compressor to simplify recording and prevent overload
• Balanced XLR for lo-Z applications and 1/4-inch hi-Z inputs for instrument DI applications
• Selectable Dual or Stereo operation of output controls
• Switch selectable Inserts on each channel
• Insert jacks provide a preamp direct out for each channel
• Stereo/ Dual operation of Optical Compressor
• Mono switch for single input monitoring
• S/PDIF Sample Rate switch selectable between 44.1K and 48K
• LED metering of both the preamp and A/D sections
• Built-in +48 Volt phantom power supply
• All-aluminum chassis