With the new 1236 Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) Main Monitor System at AES were (L-R): Lars-Olof Janflod, Genelec Oy PR-Director; Lisa Kaufmann, Genelec, Inc., managing director; and Will Eggleston, Genelec Inc., marketing director.
New York, NY (November 3, 2015)—Genelec released its new 1236 Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) Main Monitor System at AES.
The 1236 and its individually calibrated 3U-high Remote Amplifier Module RAM-XL comprise a large format, flush-mounted main monitoring system based on the proprietary double-18-inch bass driver design of Genelec’s 1036.
The 1236’s frequency response extends from 17 Hz to 26 kHz, and it is said to be capable of delivering 130 dB SPL at 1 meter through a combination of modern digital signal processing and Class D amplifiers, providing 2 x 1000 W, 800 W, and 400 W of short-term power into woofers, midrange and tweeter channels, respectively. The enclosure features two 18-inch high-linearity woofers, with two Genelec proprietary five-inch midrange drivers, as well as a two-inch high compression tweeter, mounted in a large Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) enclosure.
All crossovers, protection circuitry, and driver calibrations are implemented in the digital domain. All electronics, amplifier circuitry, drivers and enclosure have been designed, assembled, tested and individually calibrated in the Genelec factory in Iisalmi, Finland.
* SPL: 130 dB
* Frequency response: +/- 2 dB (21 Hz – 20 kHz)
* Crossovers: 400 Hz and 3.2 kHz
* Drivers: 2x woofers 18″ (458 mm), 2x midrange 5″ (125 mm), tweeter 2″ (50 mm) compression driver + DCW
* Amplifier power: Woofers 2x 1000 W, midrange 800 W, tweeter 400 W (all Class D)
* Dimensions: 37 ?” H x 46 ?” W x 25 5/8″ D [960 mm x 1180 mm x 650 mm]; RAM XL: standard 3U / 19 in rack
* Weight: 401 lb (182 kg); 25 lb (11.2 kg)
* Connections: 1x XLR analogue input; 2x XLR AES/EBU input / output; 2x RJ45 control network