New York, NY (July 10, 2014)—Avid has released new updates to its Artist Suite of creative tools for audio, video and live sound production, including new versions of Pro Tools | S6 and System 5.
As part of the Avid Artist Suite, Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 are run on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, a common services foundation that follows the Avid Everywhere strategic vision for helping content creators and media organizations connect with their audiences. Through the MediaCentral Platform, users can access an range of tools and experts for collaboration, music production and monetization of their own content.
The System 5 version 6.0 software update provides full support for and integration with Dolby Atmos. Features in this new software include:
• 9.1 panning of “bed” channels.
• Integrated monitor control of the Dolby Rendering and Mastering Unit (RMU).
• Object metadata panning either direct from the console or through plug-in control.
• Direct Atmos plug-in control in Pro Tools from System 5.
• Deeper integration with EUCON control including VCA Spill, automation control and more.
Meanwhile, the Pro Tools | S6 V1.2 updates and changes include:
• VCA Spill – ability to spill VCA slaves onto the surface from a VCA master to access and update as necessary
• Multi-Workstation Layouts – ability to map channels onto the surface from any of EUCONTM-connected DAW – side by side. Users can program and recall 96 layouts from the master touch screen
• Expand Mode – ability to expand a plug-in and its parameters across a single or double knob module – providing either 32 or 64 knobs to access all of the controls at once
• Audio Editing from an S6 Channelstrip – a user can fade in or out a clip, trim the head or tail, slip or nudge it in time, adjust its clip gain and more
• Vary the Scrolling Waveform Speed – a new preference has been added to vary the speed from one second up to 60 seconds
• Gain Reduction Enhancements – high-resolution gain reduction meters are now on both the channel display modules and the master module home page. There are also GR meters on the fader module between the two level meters and new dynamics graph with bouncing ball level indication
• Integrated DVI Switcher Control – ability to switch multiple workstation screens to one TFT has been added via the serial control of either a Gefen or Guntermann & Drunck switcher
• Automation LED indicators on knob modules
• Soft Key Editor – allows users to customize the four banks of soft keys