Arlington, VA (November 17, 2015)—The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has released a new Hi-Res Audio (HRA) guide for retailers to underline its growing market potential.
“Hi-Res Audio offers a higher level of satisfaction by creating a greater emotional connection between the artist and the music enthusiast,” says Walt Zerbe, Legrand audio product manager for NUVO and On-Q product lines. “Hi-Res audio enables consumers to hear the music the way the creators intended. While there is little doubt that Hi-Res is the best quality sound on the market, there is some confusion as to what makes audio truly Hi-Res. This guide will provide retailers with resources and recommendations to help them educate consumers about what they have been missing out on for so long.”
According to CTA’s 2015 study The Market for High-Resolution Audio, 37 percent of consumers—representing 91 million U.S. adults—are interested in listening to Hi-Res Audio.
Highlights from the Hi-Res Audio Guide include:
* FAQ – Explains in easy-to-understand terms the benefits and potential of HRA;
* The Art of Provenance – Traces the source of music tracks, providing contextual meaning to music;
* Gear Guide – Comprehensively lists equipment for retail demos;
* Recommended Music – Offers industry-selected hi-res tracks that are best for retail demos, including several tracks available via free downloads; and
* What’s In It for You? – Provides an inside look at how retailers can increase HRA sales and revenue.
Consumer Technology Association
Guide to Hi-Res Audio