Stroud, UK (December 9, 2020)—Rycote has expanded and divided its Professional Connection System (PCS) range into two families—PCS Quick Release and PCS Stands and Grip—all of which are engineered to work seamlessly together.
Reportedly, Rycote has developed the new system in response to the need for assisting production sound mixers, boom ops, sound recordists and audio engineers in achieving a simplified workflow that can be constructed relatively quickly. The PCS range is designed to allow the mounting of microphones and accessories and save time when switching gear without need for adapters, while providing a noise-free and secure coupling between microphone accessory and mounting point or surface.
The PCS quick release products have an ergonomic design that was developed with the intention of aiding one-handed operation for users, while the new range of PCS Stands and Grip allows sound professionals to position mics and accessories specifically where users want them to be. The line now includes:
- The PCS-Boom Connector ($99.95) is the flagship of the line with a premium aluminium finish and a reportedly high payload capacity.
- The PCS-Organizer ($39.95) has been designed for flat surface mounting of windshields, microphone supports and other sound accessories.
- The PCS-Lite 3/8” ($39.95) offers 3/8“-16 compatibility and click-in auto-locking operation.
- The PCS-Lite 5/8” ($39.95) has been designed for the MI Industry with a dedicated 5/8” threaded socket and threaded tip.
- The PCS-Utility ($69.95), is constructed from stainless steel, glass-filled nylon and aluminium, with a twist-and-pull unlocking mechanism.
- The PCS-Spigot ($69.95) converts Manfrotto lighting stands and arms into systems to attach a sound kit with a 3/8” thread.
- The PCS-Utility Kit Small and Large ($79.95) include a Rycote Half Coupler with a compatible 3/8” bolt.
- The PCS-Artic Arm will fit all industry-standard sound accessories including windshields and shock mounts.
- The PCS-Artic Arm Micro Kit has a 3/8” BSW male attachment and is compatible with industry-standard sound accessories.
- The PCS-Cobra Arm 3/8” is semi-flexible with a dedicated 3/8” BSW male attachment and Hytrel washer.
- The PCS-Stand Base 3/8” and PCS-Stand Base Mini 3/8” are low-lying stands with a 3/8” BSW male attachment to allow the mounting of microphones close to the floor.
- The PCS-Sound Stand 3/8” features a 2-section aluminium column with a 3/8” BSW male attachment with Hytrel washer, reaching a maximum height of 79 cm.
- The PCS-Sound Stand Mini 3/8” is a compact stand with extendable mini pole up to 20 cm.
The PCS Quick Release and PCS Stands and Grips are available for pre order in the UK and US, with stock available now in Europe.
Rycote • www.rycote.com