At IBC 2010, Solid State Logic announced the release of SDI-MADI, a 4 x 16 channel audio de-embedder with four auto-sensing 3G-SDI inputs and 64-channel MADI fibre and AES Digital audio outputs. SSL SDI-MADI is a cost-effective solution to the problem of connecting audio equipment to the SDI-based infrastructure found in many broadcast facilities today.
Occupying 1U of rack space, SDI-MADI provides the interface between SDI video bitstreams and digital audio. SDI-MADI extracts up to 16 audio channels from each of the unit’s four SDI inputs to provide a total of up to 64 audio channels in both MADI and AES3 formats. All SDI inputs independently auto-sense between 3G, HD and SD standards, and are provided with loop-through connectivity for downstream equipment. With a comprehensive range of synchronizing options and switchable sample rate convertors, the SDI-MADI is designed to integrate into any broadcast environment where SDI-embedded audio channels require format conversion.
Key Features include:
- 4 x SDI inputs on 75 Ω BNC connection; 16 audio channels per input
- Auto-detection of SD/HD/3G input format
- Active loop-through of each input to 75 Ω BNC output connection
- Full Dolby E/Dolby Digital transparency for loop through
- 32 x AES digital audio output via 37 pin D-Sub
- Dual 64 Ch MADI digital audio output via ST Multimode Optical and Coax
- Front panel LED status indication for PSU, SYNC, SRC and SDI Lock
- Comprehensive sync options (Word Clock, AES, Black and Burst, SDI 1-4)
- Word Clock and AES sync outputs
- On-board sample rate convertors (SRCs), enabled locally or remotely via GPI
- Dual power supplies, with separate IEC mains connectors
- Optional 19-inch AES Signal Breakout panel providing AES3-id outputs on 32 x BNC connectors (75 Ω)
Contact: Solid State Logic | solid-state-logic.com