Niederkruechten, Germany (October 13, 2015)—SPL electronics has announced that its SPL Creon Audio two-channel AD/DA interface and monitor controller is now available.
The SPL Creon combines a USB interface and analog monitor controller in one single unit. It features the same converters and characteristics as the bigger SPL Crimson, but has been optimized to accommodate for the needs of small home and project studios.
The built-in instrument preamp and two microphone preamps, together with the line inputs, allow the user to amplify, monitor and convert all sorts of signals and record them with a DAW. Further, the analog monitor controller features enable the recorded signal to be monitored without latency, while at the same time it can be compared with other analog sources via the second source input.
Apart from the AD/DA converters and USB port, all other functions can be used in standalone mode. The Monitor Mix knob makes it possible to intuitively mix the corresponding signals and listen to them through headphones or speakers.
Creon is available in black (Model 1410) and white (Model 1412).
Both models share the exact same technical specs:
- 2 original SPL discrete mic preamplifiers
- Instrument preamplifier with +22 dBu of headroom
- 2 balanced line inputs
- 2-channel USB Interface with 24-bit/192 kHz converter
- Class-2 compliant driver for iPad recording/monitoring (hot-plugging without the need to restart)
- Separate headphone amplifier
- Stereo speaker output
- Apt for play-along and monitoring without a DAW
- Latency-free, high-quality analog monitoring
- 34V operating voltage for professional levels up to +22 dBu
- Pro-level boost for consumer electronics
- Very low jitter due to FMCTM (Fixed-Master-Clock)
- No sample rate conversion or clock recovery for true 1:1 audio
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (480MB/s)
- Windows XP/7/8/10 (32 & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, iOS 6 or higher