Waves' new H-EQ Hybrid Equalizer is a mixing/mastering plug-in featuring vintage and modern EQ "inspired by the finest British and American consoles," offers the company. Included are seven different filter types per band: US Vintage, UK Vintage 1, UK Vintage 2, US Modern, UK Modern, Digital 1 and Digital 2, in addition to a newly-developed asymmetrical bell filter. A keyboard graphic lets users choose frequencies by clicking on notes, and an exclusive MS Mode allows users to apply different EQ to Mid and Side content. Also featured is a flexible real-time frequency spectrum analyzer with multiple display options.
Waves H-EQ Controls:
- Input Fader controls the signal input level.
- EQ Modes: Stereo/Linked, Dual/Unlinked, MS Mode
- EQ Filters: HP, LF, LMF, MF, HMF, HF, LP
- Analog Type toggles between analog characteristic types.
- Analog Level controls the level of the combined noise and hum.
- THD Level controls the level of harmonic distortion added to the signal
- Keyboard lets users choose frequencies by clicking on notes.
- Analyzer presents a real-time graphical display of the input signal, output signal or both, as well as the EQ curve.
- Analyzer In displays the input signal, post-input fader.
- Analyzer Out displays the output signal, post-output fader.
- L/M turns on the display of the left side only in Stereo mode, or the M in M/S mode.
- R/S turns on the display of the right side only in Stereo mode, or the S in M/S mode.
- Freeze stops the frequency graph.
- Peak Hold stops the frequency graph at its highest peak point.
- Analyzer Scale displays the energy level measured by the analyzer.
- EQ Scale displays the EQ curve being applied to the signal.
- Band Markers allow users to manipulate the EQ bands using the band markers.
- Output fader controls signal output level.
- Phase flips the phase of the signal by 180 degrees.
- Trim displays the maximum peak level of the output signal and its distance from 0 dBFS.
Price: $200 and $300 (Native and TDM, respectively); free to owners of Waves Mercury via Waves Update Plan coverage
Contact: Waves | waves.com