New York, NY (May 15, 2015)—Waves Audio has shipped its H-Reverb plug-in, a reverb based on algorithmic FIR (Finite Impulse Response) reverberation technology.
The FIR engine that powers H-Reverb reportedly lets users shape and customize the reverb decay envelope beyond the standard linear forms in an effort to create reverb tails that don’t muddy up the mix. H-Reverb incorporates Waves’ advanced analog modeling along with a drive control; it also enables input drive.
H-Reverb includes a library of artist presets from numerous mixing engineers, including Toni Maserati, Brad Divens, Daniel Green, Dave Darlington, Dave Stagl, James Ebdon, Ken “Pooch” Van Druten, Kevin Madigan, Pete Keppler, Ross Hogarth and Yoad Nevo.
Additional features include:
• Impulse-variable resonant filtering for creating unfamiliar and advanced reverb effects
• EQ and dynamics module for compression, ducking and de-essing
• ADA analog modeling and drive control for input clipping
• Full buildup timing and shaping
• Pre-delay BPM sync
• Support for full 5.1-channel surround setups