Yamaha and NEXO are the latest companies to pull out of Prolight+Sound 2020.
Prolight+Sound 2020, which was initially due to run from March 31 to April 3 was postponed to May 26-29 earlier this week amid covers over the spread of Coronavirus across Europe. Since then, loudspeaker giant d&b audiotechnik has announced that it will no longer be taking part in the show due to logistics issues around the new dates, while Adam Hall, which cancelled its participation prior to the postponement, has yet to confirm whether or not it will revise its decision, although the company’s CEO, Alexander Pietschmann, has however told PSNEurope that the company is “fundamentally positive” about the new dates.
- Adam Hall hints at Prolight+Sound return
- d&b audiotechnik pulls out of Prolight+Sound 2020
- Prolight+Sound postponed until May
However, this evening (March 5), Yamaha and NEXO have confirmed that they will no longer be taking part in this year’s show. In a joint statement, Nils-Peter Keller, senior director Pro Audio & AV Group, Yamaha Music Europe, and NEXO CEO Jean Mullor, said: “Both Yamaha and NEXO fully understand the decision by Messe Frankfurt to postpone this year’s Prolight + Sound show. The spread of Covid-19 is a complex, challenging and evolving situation and our primary consideration is for the welfare of both show visitors and event staff.
“As two of the leading brands in the professional audio industry, many staff and customers of both companies will be gearing up for the busy outdoor festival season during the show’s revised dates at the end of May. Therefore, it is with regret that we have now decided not to exhibit at Prolight + Sound 2020.
“Both Yamaha and NEXO are naturally very disappointed that we will not be present at the show this year and we look forward to an opportunity to return in 2021.”
The latest exhibitor cancellation casts serious doubt over the future of Prolight+Sound 2020, with three of its most significant pro audio exhibitors absent from proceedings. Show organisers have yet to speak out on this latest withdrawal. PSNEurope has approached Messe Frankfurt for comment.