Adam Hall CEO Alexander Pietschmann has hinted to PSNEurope that a return to Prolight+Sound 2020 may be on the cards, telling us that the company has “a fundamentally positive attitude” towards the decision to postpone the event.
Last week Adam Hall announced that it was pulling out of Prolight+Sound 2020 – when the show was still scheduled to take place from March 31 to April 3 – due to concerns over the spread of Coronavirus across Europe. However, following yesterday’s news that the event has been postponed until May 26-29, Pietschmann has told PSNEurope that the company us currently weighing up its options as to whether or not it will return to the show.
“We welcome the decision of Messe Frankfurt to postpone PLS 2020,” Pietschmann explained to PSNEurope. “We have a fundamentally positive attitude towards that move and are currently examining internally under what conditions and in what form we want to participate. Nevertheless, it is still questionable whether the late date is attractive for all exhibitors and potential visitors and whether the safety situation will be actually different until May.”
- Adam Hall pulls out of Prolight+Sound 2020
- d&b audiotechnik pulls out of Prolight+Sound 2020
- Prolight+Sound postponed until May
In the past 24 hours, fellow German pro audio company d&b audiotechnik revealed that it has now pulled out of the show due to the logistics of the new date.
Speaking to PSNEurope, d&b audiotechnik global head of communications, Nicole Mehr, said: “After taking into consideration the logistics of the new date, including the quality of experience that d&b could deliver to partners and customers, we have decided not to participate in this year’s trade show.
“We apologise for any disappointment caused and hope the decision is understandable. We will reassess our participation in the event for next year, as we continue to regard these trade shows as an important pro audio industry gathering.”
PSNEurope is monitoring the status of the show and its participants.