Radial Ships Tonebone Bumper
Radial Engineering has shipped its new Tonebone Bumper, a compact instrument selector that connects up to four instruments to a single guitar amp, allowing users to select between them using a single footswitch.
Roland Nabs Majority Stake in V-Moda
Roland has acquired a 70 percent stake in headphone and audio device manufacturer V-Moda. Retaining the remaining 30 percent of the company is Val Kolton, CEO and founder of V-Moda, who will continue with the company and also consult...
Radial Ships JDX Direct Drive
Radial is shipping its new JDX Direct-Drive, a device that simulates the sound of a guitar amplifier while doubling up as a direct box, allowing the sound engineer to capture the tone right after the pedals and manage it...
Dale HOW Workshop Works
Dale Pro Audio recently held a House of Worship Audio Workship at its Queens, New York location. The free training event for pastors, worship leaders, music directors, audio technicians and others offered audio and technology solutions as well as...
RTW Updates Loudness Metering
RTW’s Touchmonitor instruments, SurroundControl 31900 and 31960 series and all software products that perform loudness measurements, support the recently published updates to the EBU’s R128.
U.K. Music Sales Up in 2015
A surge in music streaming, a 21-year high in vinyl sales and a smaller than expected drop in demand for CDs drove a nearly four percent rise in U.K. music consumption in 2015.
Eventide Set For NAMM
This year’s NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA will be a special one for Eventide as the company will celebrate its H3000 Ultra-Harmonizer being inducted into the TEC Awards Hall of Fame. First created in 1986, the unit continues to...
The 139th AES Convention Anderton Awards
It was a cliff-hanger that had showgoers panicked—but literally minutes before the show opened, all lawsuits concerning the catered food at last year’s Anderton Awards ceremony were resolved (and to be fair, adult cockroaches do contain 23.8 mg of...
UE Pro, Capitol Team On In-Ears
Ultimate Ears Pro has announced its latest custom in-ear monitor, the UE Pro Reference Remastered, that is tuned for high-resolution audio and marks the brand’s second collaboration with the Capitol Studios.
Consumers Ready For Hi-Res Audio?
According to a new study from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), more than half of recent audio technology consumers are interested in Hi-Res Audio (HRA) and three-quarters researched audio products in physical stores.
MACKIE FREEPLAY PERSONAL PA
In my review-based pursuits, I’ve auditioned most portable PAs (PPAs) currently available in the marketplace: many great ones, some very portable ones, some not-so-portable ones and a lot that fall somewhere within those ideals.
CAD Bows New USB Mic
CAD is marking the company’s upcoming 85th anniversary in 2016 early with the introduction of its U37SE Special Edition USB mic.
PMC USA Restructures Custom Side
PMC USA has restructured its Custom Installation and Hi-Fi division, whose sales will now be handled centrally from the company's offices in Irvine, California, which already operates as a hub for its professional monitor sales. The new division will...
Sweetwater Adds Lynn Fuston
Veteran producer, engineer and pro audio journalist Lynn Fuston has joined Sweetwater in the newly created position of Manager of Written Content, where he will be responsible for overseeing the writing team that creates web and catalog content.
Video: Eventide CrushStation for H9 Harmonizer Demo
From Eventide: The CrushStation turns your Eventide H9 stompbox into an overdrive/distortion command center with controls that drive your tone anywhere from a creamy saturation to a brutal sonic assault with everything in between. Use Eventide Harmonizer technology to...