— With a low-profile design and rugged metal construction, the ATM230 excels in high-SPL applications, including the miking of rack and floor toms, snare drum and other percussion instruments —
STOW, OH — Audio-Technica, a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, introduces the ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone. The ATM230 brings a model ideal for capturing drums and percussion to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source – directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. ATM230 is ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
- Handles very high SPL at close range
- Rare earth magnet for improved output and transient response
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 – 12,000 Hz
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: AT8665 drum mount; soft protective pouch
The Audio-Technica Artist Series ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone will be available March 2016 with a U.S. street price of $139.00. Also available will be the ATM230PK pack with three ATM230’s with a U.S. street price of $349.00.
For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.