Combining the superior coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount loudspeakers with the visually appealing aesthetics of in-ceiling loudspeakers, EdgeMax™ represents an entirely new product category
Framingham, MA – Bose Professional is now shipping its EdgeMax™ in-ceiling premium loudspeakers. EdgeMax loudspeakers feature proprietary Bose PhaseGuide® technology, which provides room-filling coverage while improving overall sound quality compared to the performance of conventional ceiling loudspeakers. Designed for mounting near wall boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers project high-frequency sound throughout rooms up to 65 feet (20 m) wide using only perimeter mounting locations, and can effectively cover an area that would require up to four conventional conical-coverage models. EdgeMax loudspeakers can eliminate the need for conventional ceiling speakers mounted in the center of rooms, or surface-mount loudspeakers mounted on walls. And because of their unique design and consistent coverage pattern, EdgeMax loudspeakers reduce the total number of in-ceiling loudspeakers required, enabling installers to move efficiently through the installation, creating great-looking and great-sounding end results. Additionally, EdgeMax loudspeakers produce excellent intelligibility for speech and full-frequency response for music, making them ideal for retail, commercial, industrial, institutional and conferencing applications.
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are available with two different horizontal coverage patterns. EdgeMax EM90 models provide nominal 90-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near room corners. EdgeMax EM180 models provide nominal 180-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near wall boundaries centered along target coverage zones. Both models feature 75-degree asymmetrical vertical coverage, which is optimized for ceiling heights between eight feet and 20 feet.
Key features of EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers:
- PhaseGuide technology provides a unique asymmetrical vertical pattern for room-filling coverage when mounting near wall-ceiling boundaries.
- Provides improved room visual appearance for demanding interior designs by eliminating center-of-ceiling or wall-mounted loudspeakers
- High-frequency compression driver for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters
- Eight-inch woofer with wall-boundary loading, provides extended bass impact
- Two-way passive crossover with 70V/100V transformer
- New auto-hold, spring-loaded mounting arms for fast, easy installs
- Magnetically attached grill for quick access to wiring and tap settings
- Coverage pattern similar to a surface-mount loudspeaker enables stereo designs
- UL1480A listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are now available. To learn more, please visit http://PRO.BOSE.COM/.