New York, NY, October 9, 2014 — The upcoming 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention, taking place October 9-12, 2014, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, will feature a panel exploring the experience of female audio/recording professionals. “Chicks in the Mix” will take place Saturday, October 11, from 1:00-2:30 p.m. in Room 403 AB. Historically the audio and recording industries have represented a male-dominated workplace – although the atmosphere has changed, there are still many challenges faced by female engineers, product designers, producers, mixers, managers, songwriters and artists that are not faced by their male counterparts. This panel brings together well-known female industry professionals to discuss their personal experience in these terms and how they do what they do.
Moderated by acclaimed producer and mixer Chris Lord-Alge, the discussion will feature the following panelists:
- Marcella Araica, Recording & Mix engineer (Britney Spears, Madonna, Pink) – Miami, FL, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Amy Burr, Larrabee Sound Studios, Studio Manager – North Hollywood, CA, USA
- Emily Lazar, September Mourning (Lead Vocalist for the band) – New York, NY, USA
- Lisa Loeb, GRAMMY®-nominated Singer/Songwriter – Los Angeles, CA USA
- Brenda Russell, BMPR – Los Angeles, CA, USA
This dynamic panel, debuting at the AES137 Convention, is set to offer lively debate and discussion across all boundaries. No matter your gender, you will want to hear what these “Chicks in the Mix” have to say.
“I am very much looking forward to the ‘Chicks in the Mix’ panel at the AES convention,” stated Lord-Alge. “These five professionals each offer a distinct point of view and a different skill set, and their stories will help illuminate the experience of women in our industry.”