Registration is now open for the Event Safety Alliance’s annual Event Safety Summit, taking place Wednesday through Friday, November 28–30, 2018 at Rock Lititz in Lititz, Pennsylvania. The 2018 Event Safety Summit is being presented by Take1 Insurance. Registration is now open here.
Featuring the theme “Designing for Safety: Planning, Creativity, and the Art of Problem Solving,” the 2018 summit will explore the importance of intentional design when developing safety and operational plans, training, event structures, and careers. The agenda for the two-day event includes more than 20 presentations, workshops, forums, and activities, making this year’s Event Safety Summit the most comprehensive and inclusive program to date, according to Event Safety Alliance Chairman and President Jim Digby.
“As live events become bigger, bolder and much more spectacular in their design, they attract more and more fans, which makes safety the first priority for anyone involved in the production and implementation of an event,” Digby said today. “Our 2018 program agenda reflects the totality of safety-related issues that professionals need to address if they are going to help minimize the threats that can impact their events.”
The currently scheduled sessions include:
- Annoying Acronyms: Demystifying Event Safety Management & Planning
- Under Pressure: Stress, Health, & Decision Making
- Safety 101: Living in the Yellow
- Safety 102: Ok, Now What?
- Gravity Bites: Rigging Safety for Managers
- What Could Go Wrong? Risk and Liability at Events
- Permission to Be Safe
- Crowd Safety: What’s Throng With This Situation?
- Event Medical: You are the Cavalry. What’s Next?
- That’s Not What I Meant! Harassment and Conflict Resolution in the Event Industry
- Built on Wishes and Dreams: Where Creativity and Engineering Meet
- We’re On the Same Team: Helping AHJs and Event Organizers Talk to Each Other
- What Goes Down Must Come Up…Safely
- Advanced Safety Management: Lost in the Weeds…With an Exit Strategy
- Safer Event Design: The Pencil is Mightier than the Railing
- It’s Your Show, But it’s OUR house (Venue Safety Group)
- Mud Baths and Mosh Pits (Festival Safety Group)
- To Be or Not to Be? (Theater Safety Group)
- Sales, Suits, and Safety (Corporate/Meetings Safety Group)
- Is Your Weather Great? Just Wait 5 Minutes!
Registration for the Event Safety Summit is $1,050 for members/$1,250 for non-members and includes materials, lunch, and social activities. Additionally, those who have registered and/or completed Event Safety Access Training can sign up for the Event Safety Summit for just $950. You can register for ESAT training here.
For those arriving early, the Event Safety Alliance will be hosting a suite of additional paid trainings on Monday, November 26 and Tuesday, November 27. Information on these training will be released in mid-summer. Seating for these courses will be limited and available on a first come/first served basis. Priority enrollment will be granted to those registered for the Event Safety Summit. Open enrollment for remaining seats will begin on September 15, 2018.
“Recent events such as the New Jersey arts festival underscore the risks faced by producers of every conceivable type of live event,” Take1 Insurance Executive Vice President & Program Director Scott Carroll said today. “This growing range of natural and man-made threats makes participation in the Event Safety Summit more important than ever before.”