— The AT5047 is the latest addition to A-T’s acclaimed 50 Series —
STOW, OH — Audio-Technica, a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, is now shipping its new AT5047 Cardioid Condenser Microphone. The most recent addition to A-T’s acclaimed 50 Series (which also includes the AT5040 vocal microphone and AT5045 instrument mic), the AT5047 is a premier studio microphone that features the same capsule as the AT5040 but with a transformer-coupled output and optimized electronics. It is equally at home capturing instruments and vocals.
Boasting an exceptionally wide dynamic range – the widest among all Audio-Technica microphones – the AT5047 captures the full, expressive character of a sound source, no matter how loud or how soft. And since it is equipped with a transformer-coupled output, the microphone maintains a constant load output impedance, even when capturing sources at extreme SPL, resulting in a stable relationship between the mic and a mic preamp or console input.
The AT5047 features four rectangular two-micron-thick diaphragms, which function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm. Discrete components have been carefully selected and optimized for maximum performance and compatibility with a wide array of microphone preamps and console inputs. Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body, and the included advanced-design AT8480 shock mount provides superior isolation.
With an elegant, durable housing of aluminum and brass, each AT5047 has been hand-assembled and inspected for 100% quality control. A custom hard-shell carrying case with die-cut foam compartments offers protection during storage and transport.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 6 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 142 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 88 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2.7 mA typical
- Weight: 592 g (20.9 oz)
- Dimensions: 165.3 mm (6.51”) long, 57.0 mm (2.24”) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8480 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 3/8″ to 5/8″ stand adapter; protective carrying case
The AT5047 is now available at a U.S. price of $3,499. For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.