Ipswich, UK (April 1, 2020) —Celestion, the premier manufacturer of guitar and bass loudspeakers and professional audio drivers for sound reinforcement applications, is pleased to debut the new Blackstar Cabinet IRs, the newest additions to the company’s Backline Heroes range of Impulse Responses. The new IRs which feature fifteen of Blackstar’s legendary cabinets loaded with classic Celestion speakers, are available for audition and download at CelestionPlus.com.
The new IRs allow users to enjoy classic Blackstar cab tone whether at home, in the studio or playing live on stage.
Using highly-accurate recording techniques, Celestion’s expert sound engineers have meticulously captured the unique tones of these Blackstar cabinets and made them available as IRs in digitally downloadable format. The official Celestion-recorded Blackstar Cabinet Impulse Responses available include:
- Blackstar S1-412A 4×12 closed back containing Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Blackstar S1-412A PRO 4×12 closed back containing Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Blackstar S1-212 2×12 closed back containing Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Blackstar HT Venue 412B MKII 4×12 closed back containing Celestion Seventy 80 speakers
- Blackstar HT Venue 212 MKII 2×12 open back containing Celestion Seventy 80 speakers
- Blackstar HT 212VOC MKII 2×12 closed back containing Celestion Seventy 80 speakers
- Blackstar HT 212VOC MKII 2×12 open back containing Celestion Seventy 80 speakers
- Blackstar HT STAGE 60 2×12 open back containing Seventy 80 speakers
- Blackstar Artisan 412A 4×12 closed back containing Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Blackstar Artisan 30 1×12 open back containing a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker
- Blackstar Artist 30 2×12 open back containing Celestion V-Type speakers
- Blackstar JJN-212VOC MKII 2×12 semi-open back containing one Celestion V-Type and one Celestion G12T-75 speaker; V-Type miked
- Blackstar JJN-212VOC MKII 2×12 semi-open back containing one Celestion V-Type and one Celestion G12T-75 speaker; G12T-75 miked
- Blackstar JJN-212VOC MKII 2×12 closed back containing one Celestion V-Type and one Celestion G12T-75 speaker; V-Type miked
- Blackstar JJN-212VOC MKII 2×12 closed back containing one Celestion V-Type and one Celestion G12T-75 speaker; G12T-75 miked
Each Blackstar Cabinet impulse response has been accurately recorded using the same studio-quality microphones (Royer R-121, Shure SM57 and Sennheiser MD421) in the same six adjustable positions as our core range of Celestion IRs – as well as an extra rear position for the open back cabinets. This offers 18 tone options for each cabinet, plus Celestion’s usual additional mic mix options. Each Blackstar cab impulse response has also been recorded using a Neumann TLM 107 room mic (in Left, Right and Stereo) for users to mix in and achieve their desired tone. In addition to the five different cab types included, the Blackstar collection also offers some of Celestion’s most-loved speakers: the Vintage 30, Seventy 80, G12T-75 and V-Type.
The range of Blackstar Cabinet impulse responses are all downloaded in .WAV format for compatibility with the majority of DAWs and amp modellers.
The New Blackstar Cabinet Impulse Responses from Celestion are available for purchase individually or as a full collection for a significant discount.
The Blackstar Cabinet Collection of Impulse Responses join the extensive family of genuine Celestion acclaimed guitar and bass speaker Impulse Responses such as the: A-Type, Celestion Blue, Celestion Cream, Celestion Gold, Classic Lead 80, G10 Creamback, Heritage G12H 55Hz, Heritage G12M, G12 EVH, G12K-100, G12-35XC, G12T-75, G12-50GL Lynchback, G12-H150 Redback, G12M Greenback, G12M-65 Creamback, G12M-75 Creamback, G12H Anniversary, G12-65, Neo Creamback, V-Type, Vintage 30 and bass impulse responses such as the BL10-100X, BN15-400X, BN10-200X, BN15-300X, PULSE10, PULSE12 and PULSE15. and many other models.
About Celestion Impulse Responses
Celestion IRs, which capture the essential behavior of the cabinet in the specific space in which it was recorded, including the frequency and phase response of single drivers as well as the interaction of multiple speakers, offer the user significant benefits. In both recording and live production, Celestion IRs enable the desired tone to be precisely and consistently reproduced regardless of the music recording or live sound environment. And IR users can escape the limitations of a single mic and cabinet setup and explore a universe of possibilities to create the perfect tone. Once you find a tone that you love, it can be precisely recreated, in the studio or on the road, time after time. And the IRs allow Celestion customers to audition specific models before purchasing one or more physical speakers.
Celestion IR digital downloads are available in uncompressed, industry standard .WAV format at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz sample rates at 24 bit depth, in lengths of 200 and 500 milliseconds Once the files are downloaded and unzipped, users simply load the IRs into a convolution plug-in in their DAW or into other processing hardware. These formats will work in all known hardware capable of loading IRs, and for the most popular hardware Celestion have already grouped together the correct formats. Guitar processor manufacturers supported include Atomic Amps, Fractal Audio Systems, Kemper, Line 6, Logidy, Positive Grid, Two Notes, Headrush and Yamaha. The Celestion IR files may be downloaded in the sample rate and length appropriate for the hardware being used or as a complete package of all rates and lengths. Certain third party hardware requires the files to be converted into a proprietary format before use.
About Celestion and Celestion Guitar Speakers
An important element to essential British guitar tone since the birth of Rock & Roll, Celestion Guitar Speakers are famous for their lively and vocal midrange character with plenty of sparkle and chime. With worldwide headquarters in Ipswich, England, Celestion design, develop and manufacture premium guitar and bass loudspeakers, and high-quality professional audio drivers for sound reinforcement. These world-renowned speakers are used onstage and in clubs, theatres and other venues the world over. Contact Celestion at: firstname.lastname@example.org and visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/celestion.