EDMONTON, AB, CANADA, Jan. 30, 2019 – As they say, you know you made it when you’re a hit in Vegas.
Eleven Engineering, Inc. (www.elevenengineering.com), a market leader in semiconductor products for wireless audio for home theatre, multi-room, outdoor, portable, professional, 12 Volt (car, truck, motorcycle, power sports, marine) and gaming applications, is proud to announce that it conducted its best ever annual Product Showcase, recently held in Las Vegas, Nev. from Jan. 8-11, 2019 at The Mirage Hotel & Casino. Eleven Engineering conducted numerous live SKAA® Wireless Audio demos and had its full complement of sales, marketing, and engineering teams present during the show to discuss its existing and new products and technologies.
“To say our product showcase was our most successful ever is an understatement…it had the exhilaration of hitting the jackpot,” explained Rex Whitehead, Eleven Engineering executive vice president, sales & marketing. “From start to finish, those that visited with us were blown away with SKAA and our accompanying products and what our design engineering team has been able to accomplish. If this event was just a precursor to what the rest of the year will bring, we are looking forward to a great 2019, and beyond.”
During the event, Eleven Engineering demonstrated SKAA’s enhanced ability to simultaneously address the world’s five biggest wireless audio markets:
1. whole house (multi-zone audio)
2. home theater (TV)
5. pro audio/musical instrument.
Announced new products and technologies during the event included:
1. Sage SiP (System in Package)
– designed for three reasons: lower cost, lower lead-time, higher data throughput.
– upgraded radio, capable of over twice the wireless throughput of Ginseng/Saffron.
– capable of 4.1 channels over wireless (vs. 2.1 with Ginseng/Saffron).
– radio fully backwards compatible with SKAA products already in the market
– available in three variants:
o Sage-L: lowest cost model, for wireless subwoofer applications.
o Sage-M: Ginseng/Saffron equivalent model, at a lower cost / lead time than either Ginseng or Saffron.
o Sage-X: Sage configured for maximum RF throughput, enabling 4.1 channels of wireless audio. For wireless 7.1 systems and similar.
2. Serena (SKAA multi-room/multi-source transmitter)
– each Serena can serve two zones with up to four speakers per zone
– class leading speaker to speaker sync – all speakers/all zones synced within 40µs
– enables party mode (same content) or different source content to each zone
– can be expanded by adding additional Serenas
3. Saskatoon Strawberry Ecosystem (SKAA Receiver/Transmitter with BT onramp plus Merus amplifier on one module)
– time-to-market tool offering off-the-shelf motherboards, power boards, and UI boards
– an easy way to quickly prototype a SKAA compatible speaker
– motherboards include a fully featured DSP and an Infineon Merus D-Amp
– components are interchangeable: ex. any power board can be used with any mother board
– see www.dillingerlabs.com/speakers/aquarius/ for an example of a speaker that uses the Ecosystem
4. Nadja (BT to SKAA bridge)
– a SKAA compatible module that can receive Bluetooth audio or an aux signal, then
rebroadcast it via SKAA to 4 SKAA receivers as well as playing it locally
– a single Bluetooth connection is effectively sent to five different speakers, with all speakers
synced within 40 microseconds
– also able to act as a SKAA receiver
5. SKAA Pro technology
– pro version fully compatible within the SKAA standard
– low latency 18ms with 1:2 relation
– ideal for DJ duos, portable DJ set-up and other Pro applications
– world’s first SKAA Pro products to be released by legendary MI/Pro brand at NAMM 2019
“To state the obvious, Eleven Engineering’s R&D team has been tremendously focused and I am still amazed at the magnitude of advancements our engineers were able to accomplish since CES 2017,” Whitehead concluded. “We have every application covered in the consumer and prosumer world, no other wireless solution comes close to delivering this level of coverage, especially not WiFi-based audio or Bluetooth. SKAA is highly flexible as it is also compatible with any brand, any product, anytime, anywhere, with rock solid reliability, great range, and CD-quality sound. SKAA is ridiculously easy to use…all compatible products are ready to play right out of the box with no pairing required.”
SKAA is the new wireless HiFi audio standard developed by Eleven Engineering, Inc. SKAA transmitters work with iOS & Android mobile devices, Mac & Windows computers, televisions, and just about any product with a line output or a headphone jack. SKAA is also available as a built-in technology not requiring an external transmitter in purpose-designed partner products, which are featured at SKAA.com. In environments laden with heavy Wi-Fi and Bluetooth traffic, SKAA navigates through these hostile environments with best-in-class reliability. SKAA also allows for uninterrupted audio signals which are delivered with the highest sound quality to all speakers without the latency that is inherent in other wireless solutions.
For more information, please contact Rex Whitehead at 480-650-3979 or email email@example.com, and please visit www.elevenengineering.com, www.SKAA.com, SKAA wireless YouTube channel, and Facebook/.
About Eleven Engineering, Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada-based Eleven Engineering, Inc. is a market leader in microprocessors SiPs (System in Package) and modules designed for wireless audio for Home Theater, Multi-Room, Portable, and Pro Audio products. Eleven’s XInC2 multithreaded processor was designed specifically for digital wireless audio applications but is also well suited for other realtime intensive microprocessor applications.
Eleven’s high-performance wireless audio semiconductors, equipped with XInC2 wireless processor cores, are complete solutions for high-quality digital wireless audio transport. WFD™, Eleven’s proprietary wireless audio transport protocol, has a narrow footprint in the radio spectrum, delivering both best-in-class coexistence with WiFi / Bluetooth and unparalleled Quality of Service.
# # #