Leading entertainment industry insurance solutions provider Take1 Insurance today announced its return as the Presenting Sponsor of the 2020 Event Safety Alliance Event Safety Summit — an all virtual, 5-day event that runs from December 7-11, 2020 and features dozens of information packed sessions designed to prepare industry professionals for the “New Abnormal” world of post-Covid live events.
Registration is now open here at a cost of $99 for ESA members and $125 for non-members.
“The 2020 Event Safety Summit will be the most important one yet as we all pivot to meet the realities of a post-Covid live event industry,” Take1 Insurance Executive Vice President & Program Director Scott Carroll said today. “In good times and in bad times, Take1 Insurance has always stood by the live event industry. Now our support is more important than ever before, and our commitment has never been stronger than it is today. We look forward to working with Jim Digby and his team in producing the most engaging and compelling safety summit the world has ever seen.”
According to Event Safety Alliance Chairman and President Jim Digby, “As a result of the ‘New Abnormal’ we’ve been living through since March, health and safety is more in the spotlight than ever before. Issues we thought we understood have been complicated by the need for social distancing, face coverings, and new sanitary standards. Once we figure out how to reopen safely, the issue of economic viability must be addressed. This is on top of the usual concerns such as crowd management, production safety, employee training, contracts, and insurance. While most of us wait for our opportunity to return, the time to start preparing is NOW.
“Since we cannot physically be together, this year’s Event Safety Summit will be held entirely online. And since there is so much to discuss, we have scheduled an entire week of conversations with subject matter experts, including opportunities to chat with them directly,” he explained.
The current schedule of conference sessions include the following topics:
- Take it Outside: Considerations for Outdoor Events
- The Basics of Risk Management and Safety in the Next Normal
- COVID-19: Where are we going, and what can we do?
- Safety Leadership
- The Performer’s Role in Safety
- Event Insurance in a Post-COVID World
- Crowd Dynamics and Evacuation Theory (Beginner & Advanced Sessions)
- Documentation for Increased Safety
- Safe Rigging Workshop
- Fundamentals of Tent Safety
- The Art of Your Deal: Explaining the Contract Language You See Every Day
- Global Roundtable: Major Events
- Staying Safe While Getting Loud: Understanding SPL, Sound Exposure and Loudness Perception in Concert Sound
- Calling All Crows Sexual Harassment Training Preview
- The Fundamentals of Performer Flying Safety
- Top 10 Theatrical Safety Terrors and How to Tame Them
- The Human Element: Unpacking the New DIME-ICE Model of Crowd Management
- Nothing More Costly than Something Free: Fostering a Safe and Effective Volunteer Workforce
- The Language of Safety
- Crisis Communications for the Live Event Industry
- When in Rome: What to Know Before you Go to a New-to-you Venue
- To Play, or Not to Play: Decision-Making for the 2020 NCAA Football Season
- Touring in the New Abnormal
- In the Bubble: Teachable Moments from the NBA’s Experience in Orlando
- Planning Through Tough Times: Figuring Out Your COVID-19 Response (Live Planning Workshop)
Additional information about the 2020 Virtual Event Safety Summit will be announced shortly.