KNOXVILLE, TN — Waves Audio, a leading provider of digital signal processing solutions, is now shipping the CLA MixDown plugin, the ultimate mix buss plugin, developed together with GRAMMY®-winning mix engineer Chris Lord-Alge (Green Day, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban, Muse).
For over 30 years, Chris Lord-Alge has been the mixer of choice for rock royalty, from Aerosmith to U2, Foo Fighters to Muse. One of the secrets to his signature sound have been his unique punchy, smooth, in-your-face mix buss chains – and now these chains are available to users, in this all-in-one CLA MixDown plugin.
Lord-Alge comments, “I perfected my mix buss chains over many years and 20,000 mixes. I’ve taken my two favorite chains and put them under the hood of this simple-to-use, supercharged champion of a plugin. CLA MixDown features two flavors of my mix buss compression sound, plus console overdrive and a finishing EQ with perfect bass and treble curves.”
He adds, “You can use CLA MixDown on your master channel, or you can use it the CLA way – on a master aux. You can add it after you finish mixing to secure your mix with that finishing touch, but I recommend you insert it before you start mixing, and then mix ‘through’ the plugin, which will help you tailor your mix and get the best sound. Either way, it will dramatically enhance your overall mix and save you precious time toward getting that final mixing touch!”
CLA MixDown features:
- Simple-to-use mix buss plugin for finalizing and enriching your mixes
- Created in collaboration with GRAMMY-winning mixer Chris Lord-Alge
- Four faders for enhancing the color, dynamics and drive of your mix
- Bassfader: Controls the richness of the mix
- Treblefader: Increases or decreases high-frequency presence
- Glue: Two flavors of compression for holding the mix together
- Drive:Analog console overdrive forincreasing harmonic distortion
To learn more, visit http://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-mixdown.
CLA MixDown – Plugin Overview with Chris Lord-Alge: http://youtu.be/2h_4kNCTD3k