TEL AVIV, ISRAEL, July 23, 2014 — Waves Audio, a leading provider of digital signal processing software and hardware solutions, introduces the Waves SoundGrid® Studio System.
The SoundGrid Studio System is a real-time processing and networking platform that allows users’ DAWs to offload their plugin processing, streamlines and maximizes performance with lightning-fast real-time processing and low-latency monitoring, and integrates seamlessly with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os. This serves any setup, from a single DAW with one SoundGrid I/O, to an entire network of host computers, I/Os, and SoundGrid DSP servers. With its real-time processing and low-latency monitoring, the SoundGrid Studio System can run a nearly unlimited number of plugins, allowing users to track and rehearse with near-zero latency. The SoundGrid Studio System enables users to connect all components through a centralized hub, as well as to connect multiple DAWs using the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver. It is also compliant with SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins and comes with a line of powerful DSP servers that provide unequaled offload capabilities.
The SoundGrid Studio System includesthe SoundGrid Studio Application, which manages the SoundGrid network on a host computer; the eMotion ST mixer, which runs plugins in real time for recording, mixing, and low-latency monitoring while tracking or rehearsing; and StudioRack, which runs plugin chains, saves and loads their presets, and offloads their processing to a SoundGrid DSP server. A SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver connects any DAW to the SoundGrid network as a software I/O.
SoundGrid servers’ processing power compared with Avid HDX:
The SoundGrid Studio System and DiGiGrid:
Combined with DiGiGrid I/Os, the SoundGrid Studio System enables users to process plugins in real time, monitor and network with near-zero latency, take advantage of old DigiLink interfaces, and expand their studio by connecting everything and everyone through one central I/O.
Pricing and availability notes:
- All DiGiGrid I/O interfaces come with the complete SoundGrid Studio System software. Current owners of DiGiGrid MGB and MGO units can receive the complete SoundGrid Studio System software free of charge. DiGiGrid IOS comes with a $500 (U.S.) voucher for Waves SoundGrid plugins (valid 60 days from licensing; applicable toward non-discounted SoundGrid products).
- StudioRack Native is free for Waves plugin owners covered by the Waves Update Plan.
- Non-WUP owners: StudioRack SoundGrid + eMotion ST mixer is sold for a U.S. MSRP of $450.
Visit http://www.waves.com for more information.
View product videos here:
1. Allocating IOs in the SoundGrid Studio Network: http://youtu.be/z8QuKJLDj1Q
2. Move Entire Plugin Chain Presets between DAWs with StudioRack: http://youtu.be/DPOL5piVISM
3. eMotion ST Mixer Quick Tour: http://youtu.be/3Habz4308BQ
4. Introduction to the SoundGrid Studio System: http://youtu.be/9OlSAlWxzd0
5. Introducing StudioRack Plugin Chainer: http://youtu.be/lkCPbNtZepI